Well, hello there friends!
For those of us that find ourselves on the east coast, namely the sunshiny state of Florida, hurricane Matthew is coming in hot like a perfectly glazed Krispy Kreme doughnut!
However, hailing from the north, I know jack squat about these bad boys. Seriously, the closest thing I got to one was a measly tropical storm passing through Massachusetts as I then proceeded to place a laundry basket over my head and crouch in a corner of my house.
I did what every millennial does in times of trouble and googled stuff. Here’s what I got.
Hurricane Supplies Checklist:
- Water. I guess that’s important, to make coffee and such.
- Food. Yep, another biggie. Definitely stocking up on Boom Chicka Pop and avocados.
- Alternative power sources. Basically, charge your electronics NOW and have lots of candles and a lighter/matches nearby.
- Cash. Who carries cash these days??
- First aid kit. I have bandages and Zzzquil. I’m good.
mascaramatches. This is a thing?
- Personal hygiene. Dry shampoo, tp, face masks. Got it.
- Battery-operated radio. LOL.
- Dry clothes and blankets. Ain’t no water getting in my closet. And this is Florida, what does one need blankets for?
- Shutters/storm panels. Um, I don’t even know what to do with these.
- Entertainment items. Homework! Lots and lots of homework!
- Patience. This is my favorite one.
I think it’s safe to say I’m pretty much a pro now at dealing with hurricanes. Jk, I’m still a hot mess.
Stay safe fam.
P.S. If you have some more hurricane tips, feel free to leave a comment!
(Photo by: NBC News.)